Saturday 19 January 2013

My Current Skincare Routine

 So, for the past few months I have been trying out a new skincare routine and I can honestly say I've finally found a set of products that work for my skin.
 My skin is prone to breakouts and I have never really found the right products that would clear up my skin until now.

 I have been using the majority of products from the Clinique Anti Blemish Solutions line. Clinique is quite pricey but the products work so well and you definitely get what you pay for!

 In the mornings and evenings I use 3 of the products from the line:

1: Anti-Blemish Solutions Cleansing Foam

I start off by pumping 2-3 pumps (2 in the morning and then 3 at night) in the palm of my hand and massaging the foam onto a wet face for about 30-60 seconds avoiding the eye area. Then I rinse the product off and pat my face dry with a towel. This product retails at £14.50.

2: Anti-Blemish Solutions Clarifying Lotion

After I have used the cleansing foam, I grab a cotton wool pad, shake the lotion well, and then pour some on to the cotton pad and sweep over my face and neck. Again avoiding the eye area.
The description for this product on the website: Step 2 of Anti-Blemish Solutions 3-Step System. Gentle, effective formula exfoliates to clear dead surface cells and reduce excess oil that can lead to breakouts. Unclogs pores. Oil-absorbing powders eliminate shine. Soothes irritation, redness.
This product retails at £17.

3: Anti-Blemish Solutions Clearing Moisturiser

After completing steps 1 and 2, I apply a thin layer of the moisturiser and this just helps to prevent dryness and peeling as well as controlling excess oil. This product retails at £18.50.

In the evenings I use two extra products on my skin, one of them being from the Clinique line.

1: Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser

I'm sure everyone has heard about this product. It is well raved about and I love using this to take off my make-up. I pump 3 lots of this into the palm of my hand and apply over my face. Then use circular motions with a hot muslin cloth all over until all traces of the product are removed. A 100ml pump retails at £12.75. The 100ml pump starter kit retails at £14.25 (which includes 1 or 2 muslin cloths).

2: I then go on to doing the 3-steps I mentioned earlier with the Anti-Blemish Solutions line from Clinique.

3: Anti-Blemish Solutions Spot Treatment Gel

Just before I go to bed I apply the spot treatment gel on any blemishes I may have and then the following morning the redness and size of the spots definitely reduce. This retails at £13.50.

This routine has definitely improved my skin and is worth every penny.


6 comments:

  1. couldnt help but notice how all your porducts look colour co-ordinated hehe! i've wanted to try the cleanse and polish hot cloth cleanser for ages now, i need to try it! xo

    vintage-teapot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I didn't actually realise that until now! And it is really good at removing make-up!xo

      Delete
  2. Love this post and your blog! Would you mind following back? Thank you :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just followed you back hun and thank you!!xxx

      Delete
  3. Hey lovely :) I've nominated you for my Liebster Award!

    Check it out :)

    Emilie
    http://emiliethehackett.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete